The Blog Starts Here...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Steampunk Sneak Peak...




Here are 2 quick shots I snapped with my cellphone this morning. This is one of my sculptures for the show. It is a Steampunk Walker that I scratch built. The legs are fully articulated, and when it's done it will have a driver and an environment. It stands about 8-9 inches tall, breathes fire, and has a bachelor degree in sports therapy. Since I'm not a "Steampunk Artist" this is my take on the genre. I was trying to go for a post apocalyptic Victorian war set in present day. I drew alot of inspiration from the movie 9, World War One photos, and of course, Tool videos. Between Carrie and I collecting junk (aka found treasures) for this show, our studio is trashed. But there is some pretty cool stuff coming out of there...at least I think so. Check back for more sneak peaks.

Later, Joe

No comments: